Sunday, November 26, 2017

A Score To Settle - The Podcast! Episode 1: "Logan's Run" (1976)/Guest Neil Bulk, classic soundtrack album editor/producer

To anyone who reads or has read my blog, I wanted to let you know about a new feature I am adding. After almost four years of posting my thoughts and personal experiences here, I decided to try my hand at podcasting, wanting to share more about the music, through analyzing specific scores, overviews of composer careers and even guest interviews with individuals who work in the industry and also fellow fans. 

Below is my first episode, which should also be available soon on iTunes. In the first segment of the episode I talk about Jerry Goldsmith's score for the 1976 science fiction movie LOGAN'S RUN. After this, I start a conversation with Neil Bulk, who is an editor and producer of classic soundtrack albums, including archival releases of Danny Elfman's score for 1989's BATMAN and Michael Kamen's music for the LETHAL WEAPON series. Many of his albums are available from labels such as La La Land Records, Varese Sarabande and Intrada Records.

I sure hope everyone enjoys parts or all of the episode and forgives any technical and verbal gaffes I made. I'm still learning as I go in this endeavor, making mistakes and trying to produce something both fun and insightful! 

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea. However, I don't see a podcast to play. Am I missing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becca! I apologize for any trouble you had today in listening to the podcast. I think think embedded player above should now be playing, otherwise, the episode is available on iTunes if you search A Score To Settle. Or try this link as an alternate, direct to where it's hosted - https://ascoretosettle.podbean.com/. Let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant show! More! We want more!

    Andrew James Spooner
    www.andrewjamesspooner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Logan’s Run is a favourite of mine. It’s a wonderful work. Currently listening to his score for Night Crossing, a real overlooked classic.

    Seriously though, GREAT podcast. I’d listen to every one you made. I suppose, technically, I just have.

    Keep at it!

    Andrew James Spooner
    www.andrewjamesspooner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much Andrew! I'm really glad to get your response to the podcast, I'm hoping all the episodes will be as entertaining. A new one will be posted soon!

      Delete
  4. Terrific first podcast! Loved the guest's insights into producing movie soundtracks and film scoring. The interview came off very natural.

    Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete